Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A time line to date

April 17th: I go to see a neurologist, who gives me an EEG and a clean bill of health.

Apr 26th: I go to see a Primary car doc, just to get a check up. He dismisses the EEG, orders an MRI.

Saturday, May 1st: I get my MRI. It makes funny noises that I mostly enjoy.

Monday, May 3rd: Results come back. I am told I have a growth, and will likely need surgery. Referred to Neurosurgeon, Dr. Wayne Villanueva at the Neurological institute of Kentucky.

Tuesday, May 4th, 8:30 am: Go to see Villanueva. He is careful and precise. Trudi and I like him very much. He recommends endoscopic surgery as a first step to deal with the hydrocephalus and to get a biopsy. He refers us to another surgeon at the institute who specializes in endoscopy.

Same day, 1:30 pm: We go to downtown Louisville to meet Dr. Todd Vitaz. He is brief and under some time constraint. He schedules us for surgery the following morning.

4:30: We decide this is too fast and postpone the surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment